Mamod Loco Modification

I found this Mamod Loco on eBay, it appears someone had attempted to Americanize it, I might have completed it but was not impressed with the looks or fit of the brass cab. Most of the parts for the original cab were included so I decided to use them.
The ends of the side tanks had been modified however they still fit tight to the front of the original cab so I decided to use them rather than replacements.

I had to fabricate a couple floor boards for the cab

With slight modifications to the tabs on the back of the cab it slipped right into place. I have to add the front hand rails and some bumpers and she should be ready to roll. I have some brass hex bolts on order to replace the nickel plated ones in the cab roof.


Interesting Links

Crabfu Steamworks